Sometimes life can seem like an endless checklist that never fully gets crossed out. No matter who you are, there are likely times when you feel like you’re falling behind, like you can’t keep up with the demands of your work, family, social life, and general commitments. Sometimes, the answer to this conundrum is to start saying “no.” However, if you can’t manage to cut down on the demands of your daily life, something else has to give.
There are numerous nutritional supplements that can help you make feel more energized, mentally sharp, and able to meet the challenges of your situation. We’ll cover several excellent options today, as well as methods to get the most out of these energy-boosting solutions.
MCT oil contains medium chain triglycerides. Without getting overly technical, medium chain triglycerides are healthy fats that the body breaks down rapidly. Longer chain triglycerides require lots of energy to break down, and are typically allocated by the body for long-term energy storage (fat). MCTs, however, jump straight from the gut to the liver, where they are converted into energy for immediate use. MCTs are found in healthy natural fats, such as coconut oil.
MCTs boost energy by providing an alternative to sugar and unhealthy fats. The body can burn both of these latter energy sources, of course, but they are also easily stored as fat if they aren’t immediately burned for energy. MCTs are different. Because they’re not an efficient precursor to body fat, they can help energize your body and mind without weighing you down.
MCT oil products are available from Ancient Nutrition, Numedica, and Garden of Life. Often blended with CBD oil (with the potential for complementary energy benefits), MCT oil can be used in baked products, as a topping for all kinds of meals, and can even be mixed into your morning coffee.
Caffeine and Theanine
We all know about the stimulating effects of caffeine. Coffee and tea are good sources of caffeine, which has been used (and sometimes abused) in a history spanning back from ancient times all the way to modern energy drinks. We won’t wade into the controversy surrounding caffeine’s health effects, but there may be better ways to get caffeine and enjoy the energy is provides.
Caffeine works best in partnership with theanine, another chemical found naturally in tea leaves. While caffeine stimulates the central nervous system, theanine makes the brain’s synapses more “flexible.” This state is known as synaptic plasticity. What this means for daily experience is that caffeine consumed with theanine (as is the natural process when consuming green and black tea) may help you transition between tasks with less frustration, and complete tasks with fewer errors.
Coconut Water – Nature’s Energy Drink
Another great way to support energy during the day, without consuming a lot of calories or ingesting stimulants, is to sip on coconut water when you’re feeling sluggish. Natural coconut water contains no added sugars, but it does have natural sugars from its origin on the tree which can be converted into fast energy. Coconut water also contains natural salts which aid in hydration, almost the same way that the sodium in athletic beverages functions. Coconut water also contains healthy fats, many micro-nutrients, and (of course) water! Remaining well hydrated can be a profound energy boost all on its own.
Falling behind is no fun, but there are plenty of ways to supplement your diet to get more hours out of the day, and more productivity out of the hour. Start with these options and build from there. Good luck!
- 50Iron is an essential nutrient that supports the function of the immune system, cardiovascular system, healthy blood, and much more. Food and some supplements are a good source of iron. But for certain people, ingesting too much iron may result in a negative health condition. While this isn’t true for…
- 39ELITE ENERGY & RECOVERY CATALYSTÂ® Evogen Nutrition is known for pure innovation and hard-hitting supplements. Carnigenâ„¢ is the latest stimulant-free, ultra-premium and potent carnitine blend, which utilizes the newest carnitine formulation techno
- 39NOW Energy combines a comprehensive array of nutrients and dietary ingredients that provide your body with a natural source of energy. This formula does not contain Ephedra (Ma Huang). Instead, we use ingredients such as Guarana, Yerba Mate and Green Tea
- 38Nowadays, pre-workout supplements are just as popular among exercise enthusiasts as protein. However, just like protein, not every pre-workout supplement is the same. Each one has a diverse mix of ingredients in varying doses with different intended effects. Whether you’re looking to get a few more reps in, or just increase your…
- 37Coenzyme Q10 is a powerful antioxidant and plays a crucial role in the cellular energy production cycle by supporting healthy functioning of the mitochondria, the powerhouses of cells that create ATP metabolic energy. CoQ10 also supports heart, brain, ner