Varieties of hosting services
A hosting service applies to keeping and/or sharing specific web content on a hosting server hosted by a website hosting distributor. There are different sorts of hosting services used for different aims, so let's have a glimpse at these. Thus, you can determine what you want, based on whether you'd like to set up a website, mail address accounts, or to share files with buddies and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service distributed by various companies, which allows you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single function is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage services are frequently supported by exhibiting advertisements next to the download links, while a timer forces you to await a specific amount of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a totally incongruous explanation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would apportion the load between separate packs of servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different web hosting services (mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a type of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; specific suppliers provide a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting variant is appropriate if you wish to share a huge amount of images with mates or acquaintances since the solution is generally free of cost. You will receive a random link for each and every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to tackling your e-mail box accounts. Some corporations provide web space hosting services for web sites, but do not provide an email service. If you wish to run a mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a website, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can set up electronic mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file produces a specific amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video clips and several hundred website viewers, you may have difficulty with your web page hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will allow you to own as many video files as you want to without bothering about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to possess a web site. To some degree, it involves all of the abovementioned hosting brands since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and emails, upload videos, and so on. At Buy Domain Web Hosting, for instance, you can view web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that allow you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in one single location. There may be restrictions depending on the type of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your webspace hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the conventional e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are intended for particular web content solely.